Skip to content


March 3, 2012

We still have more weekend to go, but it’s really time for an update!  Still no news on an official departure date…don’t worry, you’ll know!

So Friday morning we were all up early and I drove the kids over to my mother-in-law’s house.  Then Matthew and I met up and went to work at our storage unit.  We wanted to build a shelf in it to get a little more organized.  Everything fits without it, but it could fit better.  So we pulled half of the stuff out and got to work building a shelf.  Ironically, a guy around the corner in a larger unit was doing the same thing, so we got to listen to his music.  It was rap from my high school days.  At least it was slightly entertaining.  Anyway, Matthew and I were working hard when I noticed it began to sprinkle.  Then drizzle.  Then rain.  So I took a sleeping bag and a few blankets and covered everything as best I could while Matthew kicked it up a notch.  His drillbit broke and he was left to use nails.  Oh, did I mention the shelf is seven feet off the ground?  And no ladder?  It was awesome.  We worked as fast as we could while the blankets slowly got saturated.  Then we threw everything back into the storage unit damp.  Ugh.  Someday when it stops raining we’ll go back, dry things off, and organize a little bit.  Matthew, because he’s awesome, did manage to finish the shelf enough to load it with stuff.

Then, because the rain ruined our party at the storage unit, we moped back to the house and watched a movie…kid free…in the middle of the afternoon.  It wasn’t what we planned, but it was a nice break.  Then we parted ways for the evening.  Matthew went to go pick up the kids and I went with my mom to her church’s women’s conference.

That night at the conference we had some praise and worship, followed by different activities.  I chose Bunco.  I won a prize!  It was for the most losses!  I was actually pretty excited about it.  It was a fun time of fellowship.  I returned home late and missed the kiddos, but got to relax a little more with Matthew.  After five weeks on the road, we had very little kid-free time, so we have been enjoying the times when we can!

This morning I got up early and went to the rest of the women’s conference.  Today I was able to hear two speakers.  The first was a contestant on season 2 of The Biggest Loser – and she ended up marrying the winner!  It was a sweet testimony to hear and she was really funny.  (If you’re a fan of the show, her name was Suzy.)  The second speaker, and the main reason I wanted to attend the conference, besides Mom-time, was a former missionary, who, along with her family, suffered an incredible and violent attack while serving overseas.  Her testimony is excellent for anyone, but as I am about to go be a missionary with my young family, it seemed especially important to hear her.  I won’t go into detail, because it’s not necessary, but her website can be found here

This afternoon we ran a few errands and, after Levi heads to bed, we hope to somehow celebrate the six-year anniversary of our engagement.  If you know us well, you know that means our anniversary is only six weeks away!

By the way, our prayer letter is on its way…keep an eye out!

One Comment leave one →
  1. March 3, 2012 0829

    We love Suzy! Do you remember my post eons ago about her? Probably not. Anyway, at the time Jason and I watched Biggest Loser religiously. We stopped to fuel up in Ellensburg area and while Jason was at the pump looked over and saw that Matt (Suzys husband) was at the pump right across; they were on their way to a triathlon. It was our cool celebrity moment of the year. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: